Jon Friedman is the COO and co-founder of Freight Farms, an organization that provides agricultural products and services that enable on-site commercial food production anywhere in the world. Join Harry Duran, host of Vertical Farming Podcast, as he and Jon discuss the growth of the AgTech industry, the value of marketing and the grant Jon and his team received from NASA to further their work with vertical farming.
Special thanks to our Season 1 Sponsor
- 00:01 – Jon shares his origin story of how he originally became interested in AgTech and the inspiration to start Freight Farms.
- 13:19 – Jon speaks to the importance of educating those looking to enter the industry in order to scale agriculture
- 20:25 – The value of having Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and marketing plans in place
- 25:58 – Jon expounds on Freight Farms’ latest model, The Greenery
- 29:13 – Jon talks about the grant he and his organization received from NASA
- 32:30 – Jon speaks to the trends that excite him about the future of AgTech
- 38:23 – Where listeners can follow and connect with Jon
“NASA’s a really interesting organization because you go there and they forget that they’re NASA sometimes. They forget how awesome the scope of work that they have worked on over the years is so they’re very casual about it. We tried to act cool but failed miserably.” (32:14)
Jon’s Twitter – @JonFreightFarms
Freight Farms’ Instagram – @freightfarm
Intelligent Growth Solutions