Join Harry Duran, host of Vertical Farming Podcast, as he welcomes to the show Founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Ceres Greenhouse Solutions, Marc Plinke. Ceres designs and builds advanced, energy-efficient greenhouses that grow year-round while saving energy and water.
In this episode, Harry and Marc dissect Marc’s career trajectory, from his time at Synergistic Building Technologies to his current role with Ceres. Marc breaks down his passion for bringing about positive change in the world, the inspiring work he’s doing with Ceres and the state of food in our society.
Ceres Greenhouse Solutions – https://ceresgs.com/
- 03:22 – Harry welcomes to the show Marc Plinke, who discusses his natural curiosity, growing up in a family of engineers and the inspiration to launch Ceres Greenhouse Solutions
- 13:37 – Marc reflects on his early career, including his time at Synergistic Building Technologies
- 16:17 – Challenges Marc had to overcome as the founder of Ceres
- 24:04 – Marc expounds on what it means to design and reinvent greenhouses
- 38:02 – Marc shares a unique perspective about food deserts and the state of our food
- 46:25 – What excites Marc most about the future of AgTech
- 53:29 – Marc recalls his first invention
- 56:19 – Harry thanks Marc for joining the show and let’s listeners know where they can learn more about Ceres
“Every decision that we make we ask, ‘Is that better for everyone or is it just better for me?’ And that better for me is not the option that we often choose. We look for the win on the bigger scale.” (19:09)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.